Thursday, August 14, 2014

No Cell Phones on Dog Walks!

When you read my Policy page you will find a Policy titled No Cell Phones!

Personally, I feel like talking on your cell phone and or listening to music while walking a dog is a danger!  It is a unnecessary distraction.

I have watched many people, while walking a dog, strut out into traffic because they are distracted by their phone conversation or their music was blasting in their ears.

I have watched dogs come to a stop and get dragged along for several feet before the walker notices the danger ahead!  The dog saw/smelled the danger and came to a stop, but the walker was too distracted.

I have watched dogs lunge after a squirrel/small animal and the walker lost control of the leash because they were juggling their cell phone.

I been to dog parks and watched owners focus on their cell phones instead of their dog(s).  Meanwhile their dog is starting a fight, running from a fight or pooping all over the park!

Your dog(s) deserves our total attention while out on a walk.  For the dog(s) safety, as well as ours.

We are committed to be focused on your dog(s) while out on walks!!  

For me, I feel blessed to be outside, enjoying the sights and sounds of nature....just like your dog(s)!

Dogster.com has a wonderful blog about this very issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment